Thread: So sad :o(
View Single Post
Old 12-09-2010, 03:22 AM
deema

Originally Posted by Joya
For Heaven's Sake, Deema---don't you have a book of blank checks in the house? There is no law that says checks have to be written in numerical order! Or doesn't you husband allow you to sign checks?
Well, no. I didn't have one in the house. For a couple of reasons. First is that it is so incredibly rare that I write a cheque...I think I've written one in the last 5 years or more. Second is that DH and I got married a year and a half ago, before then, we had separate chequing accounts. His was made joint when we married, mine stayed the same. We also moved a week after our wedding. Since doing those things, I hadn't changed the name or address on my personal cheque book so I couldn't use mine, and DH's (for our joint account) are in his car, just because that's where they got put when he picked them up and never took them out because we so rarely write cheques. It is almost unheard of to not be able to pay with cash or debit. I am perfectly able to sign cheques, and no, my husband doesn't prohibit it. I have full access to our finances. I don't have a credit card because I don't need one...usually. In an emergency, we have more in our savings than there is on the credit card, so that's a moot point. Our situation works for us, and this is the first time *ever* that I've not been able to pay for something because of this. I did grab the cheques out of his car when he came home from work, though. lol