Thread: quilting guilds
View Single Post
Old 12-09-2010, 05:56 AM
OmaForFour

Our guild is wonderful! We have about 23 active people. We are always doing something - round robins, challenges, pincushion gift exchange for Christmas, pro bono quilt this year is for the local Lioness group.

The gals are all very nice. We have a show n tell just about every meeting (twice a month) and there is a LOT of extremely great talent here.

Everyone is helpful and shares and willing to help someone solve a problem. We pay $20/year dues. We have a Christmas and End of Year party. Everyone makes food for both and we have excellent cooks among us. Most of all, WE CARE ABOUT EACH OTHER.

We don't meet in July and August because we meet at the local High School and it is closed then. I miss it a lot when we are not in session.

I am all for guilds! I just found out about another one on the island which meets on a different day and during the daytime. It closes for the winter and is open through the summer so I am planning on checking that one out. It meets at a Church I love which is another plus.