Old 12-09-2010, 10:21 PM
Lostn51
Banned

Originally Posted by irishrose
The lady I brought home today is not as old as I thought. Her model number is AK867407 which the Singer site indicates she was born in 1952. I can't believe they were using shuttles in a machine that late. On the back it says
Cat#8Z9-B
SS AU52-16-1
She looks a little like Rhonda's model 15, but plainer. She needs a lightbulb.

She does sew - I had to adjust the tension at the seller's house, but I don't want to use it until I clean it and oil it. It has not been in use. They have a 1965 model 128 (maybe, that's what the seller said) that I may look at after Christmas. I couldn't deal with a machine in a cabinet today - a plain desk type cabinet. The bobbin on that one jams, but I think I could get it running. I almost had it when I decided I was here to purchase, not work on her machines. She didn't know how to thread them, but offered no history. She has the original receipt on the 1965 machine.
Here's my little plain Jane heavyweight
That one is a 128 you have there with the Blackside finish and a quite desirable machine to own! The condition looks to be immaculate and when you clean the machine be careful not to damage the finish on the Blackside parts. They are very hard to come by in good condition.

Billy