Old 12-10-2010, 10:20 PM
Gerbie

Originally Posted by qltrzdh
Hmmmmm! Three pages of suggestions and my wife hasn't chimed in. I guess she doesn't look at this part of the forum. She has to show me quilt photos every day and point out the new jokes.

She has been a member here a long time and I know she spends time on the site every day even when she is up to her ears in quilts.

I was really hoping she would give me a suggestion. As you can see from my forum name (qltrzdh) I am a quilters husband. Some days I am not a "DH" though.

Oh well, maybe I will do it right this year and change her spark plugs and oil myself. It is too cold to wash her car. Maybe she would like to go hunting. Sarah P. does.

With the "Elf on the shelf" sneaking around here, I gotta be real careful.

Wally O.
I've read about the Gift Certificates, retreats and various items for quilting.All are terrific ideas, and here is another idea. How about a weekend trip to the Houston,Tx. or Padduach Ky. Quilt shows with you tagging along and a nice evening out for dinner. I know I would love to visit either one. I know it all depends on expenses, but you may live fairly close to one or the other. This would be a memorable trip and something that I'm sure being a quilter she would love. Who knows you might enjoy it yourself. Just a thought. I have a digital subscription to Quilter World and love it. $19.95. you can get current book and also back issues. go to Quilter's World.Com and check it out.
Whatever you get her, be sure to add the first line of your post with your gift put it in writing so she will always have it to read when she uses whatever you give her. I love that sentence, and I think most wives would too.