View Single Post
Old 12-11-2010, 04:50 PM
Joanie2

I'm not sure I have a price per yard limit although I am trying to stay below the $10.99/yd stuff. But it depends on whether I have a specific project in mind or if I just simply like it and have to have some. I just spent $85 to make a 60 X 72 quilt (for the top only). I liked the fabric and so I really didn't look at the price per yard. But when I started cutting and piecing it I decided that one of the fabrics just didn't look right. It was one of those $10/yd stuff but I picked it out and luckily I had something in my stash that worked to replace it. Now that fabric I took out is set aside. Who knows what I will do with the pieces? I do look for sales but I also look for quality. I've traded fabrics and given away stuff and not thought about how much money was involved. I'm pretty generous with my fabrics and if a friend needs something I gladly offer it up knowing that if I need she will do the same. I don't shop on line as much as I'd like because I want to touch it & hold it next to other fabrics and so on. But I have on occasion found a fabric in a shop and then ordered it on line instead. When it comes to backings I generally do not use quiltshop fabrics. This is where I shop at Joanne's or on line for the best deals.