Old 12-11-2010, 05:36 PM
mypatookis

Originally Posted by Annaquilts
Originally Posted by SueEllen
I love it, but maybe symmetry is the problem -- it's so asymmetrical. I see what you mean--it's very pretty, but it bothers me because I think it's off-balance. I like to have borders around everything, but that's just me! Maybe with rows of white, then rows of the green print. It IS really pretty!
Yes, I like the colors to but eventhough I like the pattern it jars me. Maybe if some how the green border went all the way around. It is very pretty though and makes it interesting to look at.
Maybe that's what the problem is for me too. The pattern is called mirror image, so I didn't think I should put the green all the way around. I think maybe I should have. The pattern didn't have a border, but the table runner was too skinny for my liking... I haven't been quilting that long and I LOVE picking out fabric... It's a tough job, but somebody has to do it 8-)

Thank you all for your comments. I think maybe if I went to a quilting class to really learn how to do it... I love looking at everyone else's quilting, but when it comes to my own, I can only see straight lines, and God forbid I do free motion... I've tried it... HAHAHAHA... or maybe I should be crying :shock:
Anyway... on to the next project.