View Single Post
Old 12-11-2010, 06:21 PM
grammypatty7

Bag Balm - yes, as in cows and in quilters sore fingers. A can was given me when I really became an active hand quilter and had sore fingers. My sister in law gave it to me and I still use it as needed. You can do a search for it online or check out your local pharmacy. Not sure if Walmart carries it or not but know I've periodically seen them in the drug stores.
GrammyPatty7

Originally Posted by GailG
Originally Posted by grammypatty7
I too have issues with using thimbles and like you, I've tried them all. For me a bandaid or piece of masking tape on my fingers work well and when I get stuck I stick the wounded thumb or finger into a can of bag balm which depending on the severity of the stick, often heals it up over night. Just keep on quilting and do the best you can. Once I get going with the quilting my fingers toughen up (calluses) and then I don't get stuck so often. Good luck.
GrammyPatty7

Originally Posted by tellabella
I have tried every type of thimble and can't get used to any of them... when I get desperate I wear duct tape and bandaids..I have tried liquid bandages..those dots, leather, plastic, metal, nothing feels good and I just can't get used to one..when I do a lot of applique or hand sewing my finger gets sore and full of holes...any suggestions...you guys know everything...

Bag balm???....bag as in cow???? :oops: