View Single Post
Old 12-13-2010, 08:17 PM
dallison532

my home is in far northern Maine. I really get a kick out of what you southerners consider cold. January is usually our coldest month where chill factors of -60F are known. When the weather reports are given either International Falls, Montana, or Caribou, Maine are the coldest places in the country. This winter has been too mild for us, it got up to +55F today! Green grass in December? unusual for us at this time of the year when we usually are putting on our skiies or skates--after the snow has been cleared from the drive ways. Some times it is very wild. This year, unfortunately, rain has taken away the snow twice, and flooding is a problem. Which is worse? The very deep snows out in the mid-west? Or flooding in December?

We have deep snows here, as much as 200" for the season. Right now we are all waiting for the other shoe to drop. When the snow is coming down as if there is no tomorrow, the wind putting it right back from where I had plowed it, and the temperature reads forty foot below the thermometer, working on quilts makes very good sense.