Thread: quilting guilds
View Single Post
Old 12-14-2010, 01:04 PM
JustBonnie2

Originally Posted by patski
Thank you all. I think I expected too much for the guild I joined. Only meetings, no sewing together or friendship. So I think I'll stop going and enjoy sewing with my girl friends!! Much more fun and I can save the $$ for fabric :)
Oh don't give up! You can meet the most WONDERFUL people at a guild meeting - - QUILT people!! My favorite kind!

You need to get involved in something, volunteer for something and you will meet some of the ladies and from there you can find out about any smaller groups that just meet and quilt.

When I retired and moved here 4 years ago, I volunteered to do the newsletter because I have some good computer graphic skills. From that, I got to know just about everybody (our guild has 79 ladies) and now they LOVE the newsletter so much, they won't let me quit! LOL! But I love doing it as much as they love reading it, so I don't mind. (Besides, then I don't have to be Secretary or Treasurer! I already HAVE a guild job. Tehee)

You will only get as much OUT of it as you put IN. Put yourself out there girl!! Make some quilty friends!