View Single Post
Old 12-15-2010, 03:19 PM
Marysewfun

I bought a Rowenta ($75) some time ago and am not a happy camper - but I think I know where the problem is in the leaking. You can't go to the "max" line - it seems that if I go over the place where the top of the handle connects to the iron body, then it leaks (appears to be through the handle)- but when the water level is lower, it does not. I asked my husband to see if he could plug a little silicone in that spot to see if that would solve the problem but that hasn't happened yet. Also, I don't like the steam dial on top, unless you lock it into the continuous steam, it keeps sliding back until it shuts the steam off. I love the Black & Decker (and before that the GE) - they could bounce off the floor and still keep running. Another problem now days is the auto-shut off. They have some that shut off after 5 min - when I am sewing, I turn my iron on and want it hot and ready when I want to pick it up and use it (right now)! I have a little Proctor Silex from WM and it is cute and puts out lots of steam, but doesn't get hot enough to get fairly serious wrinkles from linens and heavy cottons even though I have the dial on the highest setting -
My favorite is a Black & Decker without auto-shut off. :-)
Marysewfun