View Single Post
Old 12-15-2010, 07:04 PM
wraez

All I can tell you is that I bought a Rowenta Autosteam that was on sale at Joanns the day after Thanksgiving and I'm taking it back. Hope they take it without the box cuz I thought I'd like it and threw it away but I do have the receipt.

The on light never worked and the iron was on all night last night. grrrr ... if the light worked I would have seen it in the dark when I turned off the light. I've read and heard people say they don't like the auto-turnoff on their irons. This one doesn't have it but after last night's mistake, I wish it did, at least it wouldn't have been on all night long.

This morning I wanted to iron a blouse to wear and it wouldn't heat up enough to really iron it good, I couldn't wear it. I don't know if it being on all night did something but I've only used the iron about a week. My old, very old iron (only the 2nd one in over 39 yrs) worked for a long long time and still works but the heat on it wasn't as hot as it used to be either. So this Rowenta is a lemon OR ....

Today my friend said that she used to own Rowenta and it lasted for years but not anymore and now she just buys a Black and Decker and figures she'll replace it each year rather than pay big bucks for an iron with a big brand name that doesn't pay for itself in the long run.

my 2 cents.