Thread: So upset!
View Single Post
Old 12-15-2010, 08:59 PM
Gerbie

Originally Posted by Jennifer22206
I have three tops pieced, and I was quilting the table runner for my mom for Christmas when my 1 year old machine made a growling noise and just stopped working. It took about 15 minutes for me to pry my 1/3 of the way quilted top out of the machine without ripping or pulling threads.

I called the local machine shop and it'll be up to 3 weeks before they can get my machine in for service!!

I'm just so upset right now - these are all supposed to be Christmas gifts and there's no way I'm a fast enough hand quilter to get two 45x65 tops done!

I took out my old machine, a White, and it keeps having tension issues so I'm horribly frustrated right now and my husband (as good as he is) just doesn't "get" it as to why I'm so upset. It's because I worked for HOURS on the tops and I wanted to give them to my BIL and SIL for Christmas since we haven't seen them in 5 years!

Thanks for letting me vent - I needed to get this off my chest to people who do understand! I'll be popping back on and let you all know if I get the tension issues fixed. :(
Can you rent one from the repair shop? Perhaps you have a friend that has more than one machine that might help you out, or a rental store in town. If not give an IOU and show them what you're doing for their gifts and let them know that when you're back in business with your machine, you will get their gifts to them. I am sure they will be overjoyed at what they see and be more than glad to wait. So sorry for your problem, but hang in there. Have a Merry Christmas anyway!!