Old 12-17-2010, 06:24 AM
MaggieLou

Originally Posted by emsgranny
Originally Posted by Hosta
Both my husband and myself are laid off I saw an ad on Craigslist of a gallery wanting fiber artists, I want to do a wallhanging and submit it but am afraid of rejection. We need the money if it sells but oh the fear is almost as great as the need. I know the saying it doesn't hurt to try but when your already down more rejection hurts.
Need to watch craigslist ads - most are honest people looking to sellk what they have - unfortunately others are there to prey on people like you who need money and see it as quick fix - be sure to check on fees etc and ask around to see if they have ever done this before - doesnt hurt to ask for references!!! Good Luck - why not just do a craigslist ad of your own and put a few on to sell. If no one buys I bet its because many are like you and cant afford to buy !!! cheryl
If it was listed on craigslist be very careful. I can't imagine a legimate gallery posting on craigslist. DO NOT put any money up front. There are too many people that have been victims of scams. While I have never had a problem with anything on craigslist or similar sites, I have been very careful about checking everything out beforehand.

That being said, if everything looks OK, go for it. You never know when another door will open. Even it it's not the one you were looking for.