Thread: Stash question
View Single Post
Old 12-17-2010, 04:34 PM
RugosaB

A funny stash story (at least to me)
Over the years I've kept fabric, mostly new, but some pieces from clothes I cut up, usually things I made origianlly but no longer needed(meaninf no longer fit).
So yesterday, we were in the attic, which I haven't been in since 1991, when we added the addition. There was a bag of stash pieces, various sizes, that I honestly did not remember putting there or even having.
So I brought it down to go through it, to see what in the world I decided to keep. It was mainly, it looks like, pieces I picked up at garage sales, and some pieces cut from clothes, as I mentioned.
In the car accident, some of my memories got reshelved, and are lost, but they manage to get put in the right place now and then.
Seems I remember all the pieces, what I made with them, where I wore those items, it was fun going through them reliving history.
I came across a piece of fabric, a red print, cut from a tiered gathered skirt, I remember I wore it with a white peasant type top.
On the FIRST date with my husband (to see Heart and ELO up in Pontiac, Mich)! We've been married 29 1/2 years, and it took us 2 1/2 years to get married after the first date! That's some old fabric. All this stuff seems to be in decent shape, I need to make something special