Old 12-26-2006, 06:57 PM
Randy

Hi All:
Yes, I know Christmas is over but my friend sent me a Christmas card that she made using the Dresden Plate quilt pattern. It's darling so I wanted to share it with you guys...I may make ALL of my Christmas cards next year! I have all year to work on them.

I have attached a picture of the card my friend gave me...the predominately green Dresden. I made the one with white blades that isn't very impressive. Between gift wrapping, fixing dinner and doing Christmas cookie plates, I made the other one and learned something...if using white card stock DO NOT USE white fabric for any of the Dresden Plate blades!

TO MAKE the Dresden Plate pieces are:
2 inches long by 1 1/8 inch wide at the top of the blade by 5/8ths of an inch at the small end of the blade.

With right sides together, fold the wide end of the blade in half and Sew a scant 1/8 inch seam across the top of the wide end of the blade. Turn the blade right side out and press so you have a blade with a pointed top. Make 12 blades and sew them together in a circle.

Cut 2 circular pieces of fabric 1 7/8 inches in diameter. With right sides together, sew the 2 circles around the outside edge with a scant 1/8 inch seam allowance. Snip a hole in the center of ONLY ONE CIRCLE then turn the circle right side out. Set aside until ready to use.

AFter all the Dresden Plate fans are sewn together in a circle smear fabric glue on back and attache the plate to the card stock. On the side of the CIRCLE with the hole where you turned the circle right side out, smear glue and affix it to the center of your Dresden Plate. Voila, you now have your card finished.

I used my computer to write my card message on the inside of the card BEFORE I glued the Dresden Plate to the card. The card is simple and very cute but remember, It's probably not a good idea to use the white fabric like I used as the pattern "gets lost" against white card stock.

Enjoy! Happy New Year.
Randy
Attached Thumbnails attachment-56723.jpe