View Single Post
Old 12-20-2010, 11:44 AM
Quilter7x

Originally Posted by Nancy11442
Originally Posted by k3n
I have had no trouble at all with my 6600 but I ONLY use branded Janome bobbins and good quality branded thread - Superior, YLI or Aurifil specifically. IMO it's idiotic to spend all that money on a decent machine then penny pinch on the parts and supplies. A lot of the issues I read about on here are ppl using cheap supplies. They then criticise the machine for 'going wrong' or 'misbehaving'. This makes me mad. I've read this whole thread and ppl are being put off buying Janome by some of the comments here and that isn't fair. Properly looked after and maintained, it's an excellent machine.
WOW!! That's a little harsh, don't you think? I didn't see any one saying they wouldn't buy Janome. I don't use "cheap supplies", in fact, I too use only Janome bobbins and Aurofil thread. Let's lighten up??
I don't think K3N is being harsh at all. I have a Memory Craft 9000 that I bought brand new about 13 years ago and I absolutely love that machine. Because it was so expensive, I trust only Janome supplies for it and have never had a problem with the bobbins. Like some of the ladies, I hold the thread until some of the bobbin winds, then clip the thread and finish winding the bobbin. I'm sorry to hear that people are having trouble with their bobbins. I have a Jem 760 to take to classes and I absolutely love both my Janome machines.

Two gals did say they were not sure what to do about future Janome machines.

Originally Posted by JUNEC
I was thinking of getting a Janome machine .... you are making me think twice...
Originally Posted by BarbZ
I am thinking of buying a Janome 6600 but I am worried now that I have read stuff against it. Have had great luck with my Janome 3500 Don't know what to do.
June and Barb, I hope you both test drive them as they are fantastic machines. :)