View Single Post
Old 12-22-2010, 04:19 AM
Edie

Just when I think I have the time to finish up, it snows! Got 4-1/2" yesterday with ice on top. Not too hard to shovel up, but we were in a snow emergency and I was jockeying the van around one side of the street to the other, down the block, up the block and back to home, then had to shovel out four feet of snow in the carriage walk.

Now, when I am done here I will head over to Walgreen's and pick up a really neat cookbook for granddaughter and then come home and start cooking for Friday - Mini hot Dago's. Tomorrow is going to be really wild. Have to go grocery shopping for us and for my mother, get home and start in baking and cooking again. Friday morning I have to bake Stollen (a German bread from my Great Grandmother - which I have been making for Christmas Eve for the family, since it has become too much for Mom) and then, get everything on the table, ready to go, me showered, house vacuumed, dog bathed (maybe), and everyone is coming over at Noon. Which I think means that I should be getting up around 2:00 AM. Did it last year and it seemed to work. So much preparations and it is all over in the snap of a finger. But I do love it so much. Mom doesn't do much traveling anymore, so my sister and her husband will be coming over for a buffet and present exchanging between us, have a few glasses of the fruit of the vine, eat, have a few glasses of the fruit of the vine and fix up a plate for Mom and they will head over to her home and spend Christmas Eve with her. Our kids will be here, but then will stay longer, have a few glasses of the vine of the fruit, open presents, (My OAO gave me a portable dishwasher, so I won't miss out on anything - pop them into the dishwasher, sit down with my family, have a few vines of the fruit of the glass and watch my grandchildren open their presents! (I am kidding about the few fruits of the vine of the glass!) I am making sure there are lots of leftovers, because my husband and I can sit back, do nothing, enjoy our day and pig out on hot dagos, bbq'd chicken wings, cheesy hashbrown casserole, turkey, ham, (I just found out our grocery store has miniature Kaiser Rolls - isn't that just perfect?), chips, dips, cheese, thuringer, crackers, herring, you name it, we got it! It'll be a lot of fun.

Merry Christmas to you all. It is so much fun reading all these sites and knowing what you are all having for dinners, etc. Make it a good day, a good year. Edie