View Single Post
Old 12-22-2010, 06:02 AM
Japonica

Yep, take time for you. My DH still works and I try and do everything I can so when he comes home, he can relax. We had our annual Open House celebration on the 11th. I did EVERYTHING for that party. Even cleaned up by myself. We are traveling to my DH's son's for Christmas. I picked all the presents, wrapped them and have them in large trash bags ready to load tomorrow. I have made a few appetizers and side dishes that we are taking with us. I am going to cleanup the house (you know, that general cleaning before you go away). Then this afternoon I am going to sit and work on a 3rd quilt for Christmas. Won't be seeing that GC until New Years.

All that being said. I had the opportunity to stay at home 3 years ago and I am finally adjusted and very thankful I can be at home "playing all day". So if I have a little extra to do and DH can't see that I need some help (I will never, of course, ask for it) that is ok with me. On the cold snowy mornings, I still get up at 5 a.m. but I no longer have to travel great distances in it.

Sounds like you definitely need a good sewing day and some ME time. Learn to take that time. You deserve it!

Merry Christmas