Old 12-27-2006, 01:12 PM
Jezebel George

I've got quite a bit although it doesn't take up a whole room. But then, the room it is in is about 20 X 36. I have four kitchen (wall) cabinet sized cabinets full of fabric. Then I have several plastic totes. I also have 2 large CD holders full of fat quarters. I have about 15 stackable plastic crates filled with fabric (turned sideways so they are like a tall shelf). Then, I have a canvas shoe holder in the closet stuffed with fabric. My larger than fat quarter fabric is folded selvage to selvage, then folded again. Then folded over my 6 X 24 inch ruler repeatedly (over the 6 inch length), the length of the fabric. Then slide out the ruler and fold it in half. Sounds complicated but it isn't and it keeps it neat. Folding goes super fast and you can see the fabric on the shelf. I have some plastic shelves where I keep my scraps, sorted by size and shape. I sort my fabric by color or type, whichever is predominate (I have my blue fabric, but I keep my blue batiks with my batiks, for example). I also sort by fabric collections if I have some from the same collection.