View Single Post
Old 12-29-2010, 03:01 PM
quiltyjax

Aw this lovely story reminds me of my eldest DGD who aged 4 asked me for a big girl quilt. I asked her what colours she wanted and very definitely came back with pink and purple. A couple of weeks later I went to Malvern Quilt show and bought the fabric for the pinkandpurple quilt as it was now known. Then my daughter rang to say there had been a further request could there be fairies on her quilt as well! So I found some pink fairy fabric and made a Log cabin with the fairies in the middle - the pinkandpurpleandfairy quilt was put together. At the end of June my SIL came back from deployment and DD was telling him the story of DGD's quilt "...and that why it's called the pinkandpurpleandfairy quilt" and from the floor came "and rhinocerous I said" !!???!! where did that come from? We can only think that on that previous visit I'd taken her to see Ice Age. The quilt top was made so she had her rhino on the label. I'm happy to say she still loves her quilt and she's 12. But now she has said that she wants a mature quilt!! What's one o' them?