View Single Post
Old 12-30-2010, 08:59 AM
Jackie D

Originally Posted by Marmie
This isn't really a quilting question.But it does have to do with quilts. I recently lost my mother. I had made several quilts for her. My sister has them right now but would like me to come get them.Has anyone else made special quilts for a loved one and gotten them back when they pass away? I just don't know that I want them. Or maybe it's just too soon. One is a Picture quilt, with pictures of her and family. Another is one of sun bonnet Sues and Sams representing all 8 of her children and a couple in the center for her and my father. The second was used at her viewing. I'm wondeering if I should give them away or wait to see if in time it won't hurt so badly to see them. I don't know if anyone else would actually want them. Any advice or similar stories would be greatly appreciated.
When my Mother passed away, I got all of her quilts, mostly made by her. I taught my mom how to quilt. I kept them packed away for awhile,also. They are a real comfort to me now. She loved to make quilts and I know there was love sewed in every stitch. Some day they will go to my 3 daughters.