Old 12-30-2010, 10:05 AM
Quilter7x

Originally Posted by Confederate Rose
You can send pictures of the machine to Sears and ask if they can give you any information on this. I sent a request to the Service Dept. in Chicago, with pictures of a stereoscope.They sent me pictures of the catalogue in was in with all the information. That was about 10 years ago, so i don't know if they will still do that or not. It's worth a try.
Oh very cool, I will do that, thank you!

Originally Posted by OmaForFour
appearing in the 1894 catalog
The "Minnesota" was a vibrating shuttle model manufactured by the Goodrich Sewing Machine Company of Chicago, Illinois. Made at the company's Kankakee, IL, plant, this 1890s machine used a New Home type shuttle, a Domestic styled bobbin winder, and bears a striking resemblance to a National

I found this description on a Google search. The picture looks like your machine but I am unable to get the picture over here for some reason.
Thank you so much, I am loving all this information! I've seen so many vintage machines here on the QB and didn't pay much attention to them. Now that I have one, I'm a sponge for info on it! :lol:

Originally Posted by gmcsewer
I, too, thought your "Minnesota Machine" was some joke on a needle and some thread or such. This is a wonderful machine, and who had it and where that it is in such great condition?
I'm going to have to ask more about where they got it. They have no idea what they started by getting this machine!