View Single Post
Old 12-30-2010, 07:57 PM
BKrenning

For piecing, I use Coats & Clark Dual Duty Plus on top & Sew Fine or Bottom Line poly prewound bobbins. There is a little fuzz but not much.

For quilting, I used to fight with C&C Machine Quilting thread but no more! I just tried a spool of Robinson Anton 50 weight cotton and it ran as smooth as silk. It does fuzz quite a bit but not as much as C&C and the quality is much better. Someone gave me a spool of Sulky Blendables and it was heavenly to work with but it's expensive. I also bought some King Tut but haven't used it yet. Many, many people swear by it, though.

I just finished 2 quilts and used the C&C Dual Duty thread in the bobbin with no problems at all. My plastic prewounds won't work in my mid-arm and I don't have any cardboard ones yet. I like the poly prewounds because they hold so much more thread and no lint. Also, I have to drag out my old mechanical machine to wind the metal bobbins for my mid-arm since I don't have a bobbin winder and they won't fit on my embroidery or piecing machines.