View Single Post
Old 12-31-2010, 05:54 PM
cheryl rearick

I remember back abt 1974 there was a sugar price hike, We women stopped buying sugar, do you remember what happened, sugar went WAY down. Then we had the gas war, put a lot of little shops of of business. I find this very dad. The big guy keeps getting bigger.... I started shopping goodwill's and such buy cotton shirts and demin. I do not need to produce a beauty, I quilt for fun and what I make I see beauty in. It seems to be pleasing to my family. In SSA I ended up with a $13.00 raise per month. hmmmm If I'm real thrify, I may be able to buy sonething special.... Prayerfully more people will start car pooling, and goping back to the barter system, helping one another. They survived years ago because of looking out for a neighbor, bringing in a boarder, many ways to help.... I've seen people who let their homes go, because of not wanting to rent a room in their home. Now it's gone. I'm glad I grew up the way I did, It taught me to think how to help myself and others if I could. did I say a mouth full? whew. :) Blessins to all.