Old 01-02-2011, 12:24 PM
Rita's mom

I am committed to start exercising. We live in the country and I am starting with taking my dog for walks up our road. This may sound kind of dumb, but I was wondering if any of you struggle with not wanting to be seen while exercising? I have a bike and love the water but to be honest I would be very self concious (sp?)to even try to get into a swim suit let alone be seen at the pool. I know this is wrong but I am being honest this is a big obstacle for me. I was just wondering if anyone else has had this struggle because I know if I don't get over it nothing will change! Also as I have gotten older and heavier I feel really unflexable and like I don't have great balance any more I was wondering from some of you ladies who have been succesful in losing weight already if your balance comes back? I know they say you never forget how to ride a bike....BUT I can just see the big wreck I could have because I don't have the ABILITY to ride one anymore! lol Now that would draw some attention! HA HA! :) I would be interested in hearing what others have done to get in shape and what worked for them. Thanks!