View Single Post
Old 01-02-2011, 05:24 PM
Tulip

I thought I would take a minute and write about lessons learned regarding paper piecing. I have never done this before so I got up at 5am and did a couple of the practice paper piecing from the Quilters Cache website. I stayed up until 11 last night reading everything I could regarding PP. The most helpful was the UTube Tut, that craftybear had linked on the PP section of the board. (Thanks Craftybear!)So, printed out templates for the Church and was ready to rock and roll. With the exception of a 1.5 hour visit with my grandchildren, the rest of the day has been sewing, unsewing and wondering where my brain went to. For those new to PP like I am, that little test square on the templates, apparently it has a purpose. lol After sewing templates A and the window template on B, I was so excited! The hard part was done! As I lined the 3 block pieces up to one another for a quick AHHHH moment, I quickly went to GRRRRRR. Reminded me of the movie with Demi Moore in GI Jane, where she says "I CAN'T DO THIS AGAIN" Seems after a little thought, my test square on Template A was off a quarter of an inch. So naturally my 2 blocks are much smaller. So, back to the computer, changed the print option to landscape and reprinted Template A. Yes, I checked, the one inch test is accurate. So, back to the machine for a bit tonight and chuckle over my mistakes today and why it took me so long to see the difference. Have a good night everyone.