View Single Post
Old 01-02-2011, 07:46 PM
MyFabricNook

My most special Christmas gifts were from my children - an hour long professional massage and a rearranged sewing room. I need both for FMQ! I have a large table with double drop leaves (always up, but can be lowered for more floor space) for my cutting table. It is set at a right angle to a large writting desk(no drawers, just 4 legs that don't get in my way). They are the same height. My machine sits on the desk (at almost right angle to large table), large table is on my left while I sew. I keep my cutting mat on the table always. While FMQ, most of the quilt is draped on the table and to the left of and behind my machine (on the desk). I also have a portable laptop table (like a hospital bedside table) which I keep to my right side. That gives me a place for scissors, pin cushions, stuff. I'm all cozy, not too boxed in. I even hauled in my oversized ironing board during my last- days-before-Christmas sewing marathon. I always knew I could get more done faster if I had a donut-shaped desk, with me in the middle! I just have to remember to stop and relax.

I wear a glove on my left hand and grip with my right hand. I'm sure that indicates some sort of distorted control issues, non-quilting related!

And I have created (in my mind) a magnetized pin cushion that will sit on top of my sewing machine, out of the way but convenient to stab! I'll let you know how that works out.

My in-laws admiring their Christmas present
[ATTACH=CONFIG]152348[/ATTACH]
Attached Thumbnails attachment-152343.jpe