Old 01-04-2011, 09:42 AM
IndyQuilter

This is a good thread and all humor aside it is something to consider especially if you have been quilting a long time and have quite a stash built up (I've been quilting 30 years). I'm not talking just fabric either. I just did a quick calculation on my books and averaging them out to $20 each, I have at least $8,000 alone in them. It adds up fast. Then there's the longarm and all the rulers, templates, pantos, thread, etc. My three domestic sewing machines and all the notions and supplies, patterns, batting, my cutting table, ironing table..... As I look around I am quite overwhelmed. It would take me a good solid month to inventory everything. My books are already inventoried and in a spread sheet on my computer. When I record them I put down the retail price even tho that's usually not what I paid for it. I would also record the fabric at the current value and not what you might have paid for it five or ten years ago.
I use to think $50,000 was about right, but now with my longarm + supplies, I think it is quite a bit more.
I think it's time to talk to my husband about our insurance...