Old 01-04-2011, 03:24 PM
WisconsinCheryl

I posted a question a few days ago looking for advise of putting my sewing room in the basement of my Wisconsin home. Many fellow board members had great advice for the basement and I certainly appreciate the input. It was an easy decision to make when I considered that I had just about everything I needed already in my basement to make it happen. When I bought this house some 14 years ago, the previous owners had a office space in the basement and had installed counter tops. So, I took a few afternoons over the weekend and moved things around, painted a few walls (all other walls in basement have been paneled before) and moved in. The only thing I needed was a table for my new Ellegante 2 and thanks to a local thrift store, the table was a great find. The room is still a work in process as need to find room for a larger ironing surface. I worked in the space today to put a quick quilt top together so it shouldn't take long before I mess it up. I thought I would take a few pictures while the space is still organized. I am not including pictures of the rest of the basement where the exercise equipment is waiting to be used again. The pictures turned out a bit dark but I do believe I have penty of light inn all workspaces.

I put a small lamp next to my iron on the counter so when I plug in the iron, I turn on the light. If I head out of the room with the little lamp on, it should be an eye catcher to remember to unplug the iron before I leave the area. Thank you again for all the suggestions.
Attached Thumbnails attachment-153391.jpe   attachment-153392.jpe   attachment-153393.jpe