Old 11-13-2008, 12:45 PM
KateD

Originally Posted by Jim's Gem
Originally Posted by KateD
Thanks for the welcome, Gayle. I mostly love staying at home with the kids, but I think I need to get out more sometimes. Hmmm, I hear quilt shops often have stitch nights (I know yarn shops did for knit/crochet, but there aren't any of those near me, and there are two quilt shops within 5 miles!)
Something to think about, have you looked into MOPS, Mothers of Preschoolers? It is a great program to get you out of the house a couple times a month for fellowship with other moms, time for a craft and time away from your children (they have child care) I am a mentor mom for a group in my area.

Also if you have friends with children, see about having her kids over to play for a couple hours a week and then she can have yours.
Actually, I am in a MOPS group, and was on the leadership last year :-) I think they need to meet more than twice a month (and just once a month due to elections and the like right now!). Luckily, the ladies in leadership are good at setting up some playdates and "mom's night out"s. We have two great mentor moms and some awesome MOPPET workers, and I thank you for volunteering your time to your group... I know from experience what a difference it makes and how forward we moms look to the meetings!! (kids, too, actually)