View Single Post
Old 01-05-2011, 06:35 PM
Favorite Fabrics

Location: Orchard Park, NY (near Buffalo, which is near Niagara Falls)

My husband met me when we were both playing in the pit orchestra for my high school's musical. He was "hired" to play clarinet. And he noticed me. But I (playing violin) was too busy watching my classmates on stage and did not notice him at all.

About five years later I met him at a party for a guy I was kinda-sorta seeing. (He played trumpet.) And husband-to-be basically asked him, "Well... if you don't want her, could I date her?"

So we started dating. Off and on. It took me about ten years to make up my mind that we should get married. (He had it figured out quite a bit before then.)

Been married 20 years now, have three kids, all sing and all participate in their school musicals. :thumbup:

I didn't often get "hit on"... but I DID get hit on while we were on our honeymoon in Molokai, Hawaii. It's a kind of sleepy island, not much going on, so we were at the hotel bar when this (very) drunken Hawaiian cowboy came up and started to serenade me. Hubby was wearing this look that said something along the lines of "ummm... she's mine... I guess I oughta protect her, or ... stake out my turf or... gee, what am I supposed to do here?" When Cowboy tried to get up on the barstool next to me and fell off, we decided it was time to make a run for it!

And no, we never went back to the bar again.