View Single Post
Old 01-05-2011, 06:50 PM
okie quilter

Originally Posted by QuiltnCowgirl
I'm in the process of re-doing my sewing room & I need some ideas on what to do with my rulers & mats (the smaller ones with handles). I currently have them hanging from picture hooks, which I like, but the hooks are barely big enough. Was wondering about a pegboard, like what my husband uses in the garage for his tools. It would have to be painted & prettied up though if it was going in my sewing room lol.

So what do all of you do? If you have pictures, that would be great. Thanks!
sorry, quiltncowgirl. no pictures but i am contemplating attaching a small magnet to each plastic template/ruler and using a metal file cabinet to slap them on when not in use...or will attach a horizonal metal strip to the wall, maybe behind door, like they use in kitchens for knives, and slap the template there for quick access. you know, in theory, sounds feasible, but in practical application i am sure there are bugs to be worked out. right now i have them on a little storage cabinet on a nonslip sheet and they lean against the wall. doesn't look too cool but handy. let me know what you do?