Old 01-06-2011, 01:13 PM
gawney

this didn't happen in a store but it upset me anyway. I joined a quilting group to learn how to quilt I was very excited about it. The second night I was there everyone was talking and it seemed whenever I said something it was like I was invisible. They were all talking about there Chrismas dinner and that thay were going to Swish Chalet but not one person asked me if I would be going or which resaurant they were going to. Then I was so excited about buying lots of fabric from connecting threads sale and one lady was very upset that I was buying fabric from the U.S.A. I told her that I could not afford to buy my fabric in Canada as most of it is about 17 dollars a metre. Then as I was sewing she said my sewing machine sounded funny and had I ever had it serviced (it is a brother that I bought at wal-mart for about 90 dollars) by the way she had just bought a longarm and she was waiting for it to come across the border (go Figure) she also said she used to sell pfaff machines so I guess my cheap brother machine wasn't up to her standards so needless to say I have not returned to the group. I was so looking forward to joining this group I don't know if I should go back or not.