Old 01-06-2011, 01:35 PM
libbyboi

Originally Posted by gawney
this didn't happen in a store but it upset me anyway. I joined a quilting group to learn how to quilt I was very excited about it. The second night I was there everyone was talking and it seemed whenever I said something it was like I was invisible. They were all talking about there Chrismas dinner and that thay were going to Swish Chalet but not one person asked me if I would be going or which resaurant they were going to. Then I was so excited about buying lots of fabric from connecting threads sale and one lady was very upset that I was buying fabric from the U.S.A. I told her that I could not afford to buy my fabric in Canada as most of it is about 17 dollars a metre. Then as I was sewing she said my sewing machine sounded funny and had I ever had it serviced (it is a brother that I bought at wal-mart for about 90 dollars) by the way she had just bought a longarm and she was waiting for it to come across the border (go Figure) she also said she used to sell pfaff machines so I guess my cheap brother machine wasn't up to her standards so needless to say I have not returned to the group. I was so looking forward to joining this group I don't know if I should go back or not.
It is sad that you were exposed to such snobs,that try to tear down someone else to make them selves look important. You can no doubt do just as well on you machine as that woman can with her pfaff. And there are lots of folks right here on this site that can give you any help you want. Don't worry about what you use to sew with. If you learn the skill, you can use a pedal machine and do great work.And ask questions , always. :thumbup: