View Single Post
Old 01-07-2011, 12:11 PM
CraftsByRobin

I totally love these stories ... mine is quite simple ... met my husband through a friend whom I had met online. I used to use ICQ for chatting and met a guy who was in the Navy and then talked to his estranged wife (to see if he was telling the truth). She in turn tried to hook me up with her "husband" (we were just good friends). She introduced me to a nice guy she met online who didn't talk "dirty".

ICQ was not working right at that time, so he could see me typing but I couldn't see any responses (but he responded to our mutual friend). I figured he was "sweet" on this girl, and three was a crowd so I jumped out of chat.

He later told me he was very sad as he felt he had missed a good thing. He came in from working early and sat online waiting for me to get on to chat. I had had my purse stolen when someone broke into my car that same day he was waiting for me. I got online and chatted, then called him. That was March 5th 1999. He told me after the first week he loved me and we would be married. We met in person (I didn't know what he looked like when we met) on April 2, 1999. He moved to KY (where I lived at the time) in June, we got married in October. It's been over 11 years and we've had ups and downs but still going strong! :D

I never thought I'd be married ... and we probably wouldn't be if he had not been determined! :D