View Single Post
Old 01-08-2011, 04:18 AM
grann of 6

Originally Posted by redeagle
Surely I'm not the only one to make a quilt for a pet. I have made lots of quilts for grandkids but I have one unmarried dau who has a golden retriever. It was sort of a joke. She complained that her sisters all had quilts because they had kids and she felt left out so I made a 45x45 quilt for her dog. Every a.m. she spreads the quilt out over the dog's bed and every nite the dog remakes the bed. She digs the quilt up into a pile and when the pile is to her liking she lies down with her head on the pile of quilt. Now if THAT isn't appreciation, I don't know what is! LOL
P.S My dogs don't have quilts. They use mine which is on my bed!
I made my Great Dane a quilt which she loves. Her favorite color is purple (don't ask) so it is violets. Well one day I saw the rottie come into the room, look at me rather sheepishly, and lay down on the quilt with a rather guilty look on his face. A few minutes later the dane came in, saw him on the quilt, and just stood over him. After about 30 seconds the rottie got up and moved off the quilt. No sounds were uttered, but he has never gotten on that quilt again. I will make him one of his own one of these days.