Old 01-08-2011, 03:02 PM
Quilting Nonnie

I did it! My first 25...I'm so excited about this quilt! I love doing different blocks. I may be hooked on sampler quilts! I'm definitely warming to the idea of doing the Pony Quilt after this is finished!

I made my decision on sashing, it's going to be dark brown, like Laurie's in her books.

Also, made the big cataclysmic decision: I'm going to hand quilt this baby! I'm going to do it as QAYG (by hand). I'll quilt each block separately and then add the sashing to connect all the blocks. I really pondered this one, but I just couldn't see having it machine quilted. I wanted each block to be quilted uniquely for that block. I lap quilt and a full-size quilt is a hunka material to keep flipping around my lap. Hence the decision to do a block at a time.

So it'll take me this 15-20 months to make all the blocks. Then another, who knows?, 2 years to quilt. I have a full size quilt that I'm finishing right now. After that I have big squares to quilt on a queen. But it's not the whole thing. It's a string quilt put together so there are plain squares formed. I had it machine quilted on the strings and I'll do the plain squares.

Anywhoo....it's a gonna be a longa longa time till this baby graces my bed!

My Little Baby Block Children
[ATTACH=CONFIG]156135[/ATTACH]
Attached Thumbnails attachment-156130.jpe