Old 01-09-2011, 11:15 AM
MisDixie

Originally Posted by Lostn51
Originally Posted by MisDixie
Here is my "Rose". Wondering if you could tell me about her. Can't get into the cabinet to get to the serial number just now.
From what I can see it is a Singer 127 and it is missing a plate that covers the thread take up lever, but the decals look really nice. The decal pattern is the "Memphis Sphinx" and is the most common decal Singer had during that era. Also being a 127 the earliest it could be is 1913 that was when they went into production.

Looks like a wonderful machine and I would enjoy using it to piece some quilts together!

Billy
Thanks Billy! Rose has done a lot of stiching in her day. I have had her for 38 years. Mom got her for me when I was a teen, paid $15. for her then. I sewed all my clothing on her till I married and left home. Then her namesake, my Grandmother Rose, used her and peiced many quilts and blocks on her. I have the last quilt Gram made on my bed today. Rose got moved to my brothers farm for several years and got rather neglected. Thats where the plate went missing and some damage was done to the cabinet. A few years ago I had the chance to get us reconnected and did. Shes hosting a big fish tank in the living room right now but not for long. Want Rose back in the sewing room where she belongs.
Dixie