Thread: St. Louis
View Single Post
Old 11-17-2008, 05:41 PM
Pamelajo

I'm from the St. Louis area where it has just gotten cold enough to keep me inside and away from my gardening. I have been married for 26 years and have three children. I have always planned to make baby quilts for my three grown children from their old baby clothes which I have saved over the years. The time has come for me to get started but I do not know where to begin.

I have cut the usable fabric from the zippers, snaps seams etc. and now I am trying to decide what size blocks to use. I am just going to do a simple 4 or 6 inch block and buy a simple plain or simple pattern material for filling in (as I'm afraid of running out of usable fabric for the three quilts.

Questions: I am thinking of going with the smaller 4" block because of the small size of some of the usable pieces I have, I'm afraid a 6" would leave me with some pieces that I cannot use, does this make sense?

I am also thinking of making the quilts crib size (45X60) instead of square, what is everyone's opinion on that? I'm thinking they will get more use with that size.

Any other hints or tips would be most helpful or maybe a good website to go to. And I'm sure I'll have a lot more questions

I'm excited but a little nervous, don't want to mess up those precious clothes.

Thanks everyone!!
Pam :D