View Single Post
Old 01-10-2011, 06:10 PM
libbyboi

When there is so much going on in the world, it is nice to have a place to recharge and put our minds at peace. But we can't escape the world or hide. I read my bible and pray for those who are in trouble. I don't know if it helps them but I find I can go on, because no matter how bad thing get I know I can get thru it. I find beauty and peace in the natural world and little thing aroung us,grand children,pets, flowers, gardens , snow covered mountains, etc.
I watched the planes that morning going into the buildings, and When I thought we were at war on our soil, I started to think about what to do if we were hit in the oil refinery near me. I lived on Galveston Island and there is only one bridge off the island that goes right by those refineies.
My survival kicked in, so no matter what happens we do find a way to survive and go on. Don't put you head in the sand too long,just long enough to recharge and then full speed ahead, we are Americans and "can do" is in our genes.My folks came here 300 years ago and I don't think they would want us to stick our heads in the sand and let evil take over.That is not an option for Americans.