View Single Post
Old 01-10-2011, 07:09 PM
mythreesuns

I was one of the lucky ones to have been born under a quilting grandma. I have never had a store bought comforter until I married my husband. His Godmother wanted to buy him a very special gift for our wedding, so she bought us the entire bedding set. All we needed to supply was the bed. She had no idea I was a quilters grandchild, until our last gift to open..(that was on purpose to open hers last) was another beautiful quilt from my grandma. All made from the colors of our wedding, and one square in the dead center of it, was a copy of our wedding invitation. The work she had to do, to get that copied to a piece of material 33 years ago?? My mother then embroidered all the details of it. So to this day, I have never had a store bought quilt. I so remember learning as a child how to trace and cut out the pieces needed for her many many quilts. My grandfather had a table sat up in the living room for it. Their living room was so huge, one end was for just quilting, the other for watching T.V. This was all winter long.