View Single Post
Old 01-10-2011, 08:33 PM
AlisaQuilts

When I was about 6 years old, I got the German measles. I was so sick for such a very long time. My Grandmother didn't visit us very often, but one afternoon, when my siblings were at school, and I lay on the couch asleep, she came and gently touched my arm. I was laing there so depressed, but when I turned around, she stood there with the biggest card, with a big yellow duck on the front. I opened it up and it said "Dear Alisa, get well soon, Love Grandma." I had never seen a card so big in all my life! when I looked up she was holding a banana, which was a real treat to me back then. She said now lay back down and get some rest." I gave her a hug, laid down and she covered me with a "coat of many colors" as I used to call it. I used and abused that quilt and I still have it to this day. the edges are raveled adn the binding is no more. sometimes I think about fixing it, but then it wouldn't be my grandmothers quilt anymore. There is a twin bed in my sewing room and it lays at the foot neatly folded. Sometimes after a hard day, I just lay on that bed. hold it close, and reminisce.