View Single Post
Old 01-11-2011, 06:03 AM
Roxanne

When I started quilting in 2004 it was with the intention of generating income for my retirement years (coming up in 11 years) I always planned to make a quilt for each of my brothers and sisters, nieces and nephews and grands if they made an entrance into the world.

In 2006 I became ill and everything changed. My goal at that time was to finish all the family member quilts. I finished the last one at Christmas and am in the process of quilting it now.

Not to bring anyone down this morning, but I am terminally ill. My stash is something that I don't want to leave behind for DH to have to deal with. I am going to work to use what I can making quilts for kids, the chicken swap quilt which I will give to my brother in law and one more big quilt for my husband.
No new purchases for me. I figure I have enough fabric to complete every pattern I now have in my possession. The colors may be a challenge, but I will make them work. If I'm lucky, I'll have bow tucks bags for Christmas gifts this year! If not, everything will be packed up and ready to donate to quilts for kids.
Roxanne