Old 01-11-2011, 07:08 AM
Weedwoman

Originally Posted by grammydar
Originally Posted by Weedwoman
My friend, Terri, and I make 'preemie' quilts and donate them to the neonatal unit at Wesley in Wichita. To date we have donated close to 300 of them. The nurses tell us they don't last long because there are so many preemie babies born nowadays. It's a wonderful way to give and a great way to use up scraps or donated fabrics. Sometimes thaat is all that a mother has to take home with her is the quilt that her small one was wrapped in when she got to hold it. Not all the little ones make it home.
Anyway, any neonatal unit loves getting the little quilts so if anybody is yearning for a cause, this is a good one.
What patterns do you use?
I must check our NICU & see what they already get.
Our DD now 25 yr old was there for 13 days.
Been out of town and playing catch up now. I use anything I have, orphan blocks or even make just one big block into a quilt. Sometimes I just sew strips together and make the top that way. Have no rhyme or reason, just put stuff together and they always turn out nice and are appreciated and such fun to make. I may have some pics somewhere on my harddrive, I'll try to locate and post, if you want.