Old 01-11-2011, 12:36 PM
BoJangles

Originally Posted by Miz Johnny
I do, but in many of the machines, there is a period of time where older parts are used if possible, and during that time the "kinks" are worked out of the new models. So it's possible that machines made during the same time period might be slightly different. Also, aren't the patent numbers on the slide plate? Slide plates often go missing and are replaced with new or older ones. My Davis machine slide plate REFUSES to stay put.

I know Bill very well; he's a great guy and very knowledgeable. We refer to him as the Boye Toye due to his collection and research of Boye cases. I bet he loves that I'm putting that out on the 'net, don't you think??
Well Miz Johnny, I really enjoyed talking to Bill and between the serial numbers and Bill I know my machine is somewhere between 1885 and 1895! I just find this whole history thing so interesting. I just realized my serial number is 767313, so I gave Bill the wrong serial number! Oh well, I use to be a blonde! I had written down an 1880's 610833 serial number from e-bay as I am trying to put together a list! No wonder the poor guy was confused!

Yes, the serial numbers are on the slide plate. My slide plate is very difficult to remove! I doubt it was changed, but you never know.

Nancy