View Single Post
Old 01-11-2011, 02:11 PM
ladyelaine

Originally Posted by dallison532
I have read several responses to your quest for suggestions on how to work the border of your lovely quilt top. Your choice should answer one of two questions regarding how you want the viewers to see it. First, do you perceive of it as a picture? If so, choose a color from the body of the quilt, then choose a fabric whose color is a darker value of the color you like best, or the color you wish to enhance. In so doing you will make a frame, and it will be as the frame for a painting. A viewer's attention is focused upon the centered picture. Second, do you perceive of it as an over all color pallette? A lighter value of one of the colors in the body of that top will permit the viewer's eye to be cast all over it thereby not resting on just one area.

Whatever your decision is, viewers will fall in love with that quilt, and you may have to "fight" to keep it! Whoever receives it will love it for years to come. It is a beautiful top.

Sincerely,

Dana Allison
it is going to be my DH's summer quilt. I made him a winter quilt last summer and I used a double layer of Warm and Wonderful? He's always cold! He says it's the nicest think I ever made for him.