Old 01-12-2011, 06:18 AM
athenagwis

Originally Posted by Cuddly Quilter
Originally Posted by athenagwis
Originally Posted by fun2quilt
Originally Posted by athenagwis
This is how I paper piece ....

http://www.twiddletails.com/store/in...age=page&id=21

It makes much more sense to me and I adore it, I will NEVER go back to the regular way of paper piecing again!

Cheers!
Rachel
I do it the same way and LOVE IT!!!!

Andii,
Give it a try.....
Yay! Glad I am not the only one!! It may take slightly longer (though I am not convinced of it), but it's so precise, and hassle free because you don't have to sew from point a to point b, you just sew straight across like a regular seam. I never was good at starting and stopping in the right place, so this method just makes more sense to me!!

Oh and I do not pre-score my lines, though it may make it easier to do, I usually just fold when I am ready to do the next section. Actually now that I think about it, scoring may be easier! hmmmm may have to try that next time LOL

Cheers!
Rachel
I have just started reading this site and i want to know, when you iron your freezer paper into the section 1, and it goes a little into section 2, DOES IT MATTER? A friend is bring me back my VERY OWN BOX OF FREEZER PAPER FROM AUSSIE, i am so excited as you pay a FORTUNE for a metre....Cannot wait to get started, but reading up about it before it arrives. Appreciate any help here. I have seen the website tutorial so that is why i am a bit confused with the smaller points!
No because you will be folding the freezer paper back anyway so you can peel the little section of 2 that got stuck back when you fold. No biggie at all, I do it all the time because it's hard to be precise. You don't want to get int he habit of doing too much overage as the paper can wear out and not stick as well, but a little here and there is not a big deal at all. Have you tried this yet??

Rachel