Thread: Snowed in. YAY!
View Single Post
Old 01-12-2011, 10:48 AM
oops

Here in Easley SC. Formerly from Penna.
Christmas snow did not fall on roads although we had four inches. Now that was pretty. This stuff that fell this week is down right ugly. Had to cancel two doc appts this week. They were closed and I can't get out anyway. Need a prescription called in. Can't get out to get it so hoping for the best.IF we get out down the hill we will never get back up. Several inches of ice under what was snow. Our road is covered with trees so might be Friday or Saturday before we get out. Once in a while we see a vehicle but they go at a snails pace.
Watching TV we hear people saying they have cabin fever so they go out when they should stay home on these icy roads.
These people don't know what cabin fever is.
Once in Penna I called off work. Ran into six inches of snow and could not get my truck home no matter which route we took, nor could we get to work. I was told it would be counted against me. I told them I didn't care. I didn't mind walking to work in afternoon, but not walking home at midnight. I was a deicated worker, but enough is enough.

I would have enjoyed this computer way back then and like you all from up there would never believed what I am seeing now. No equipment so stay safe inside and enjoy your days off.

We always are prepared for worst of anything. Goes back to living most our lives up north. Had a neighbor walk down sick. Filled her a bag of chicken noodle soup etc.