Old 01-13-2011, 08:26 PM
moonrise

Originally Posted by Qbee
Oh my gosh Moonrise!!! I just looked at the blocks you have done and now I am totally FREAKING OUT!! Wow!! I don't even know how to begin doing some of those. I hope ya'll don't mind getting some plane Jane (easy) blocks from us beginners....LOL :D Beautiful work!!
Aw, thanks! But actually, all the ones I've made are easy blocks. The only one that was more complicated was the Courthouse Steps block, and it's only because it has a lot of pieces and just took some extra time. It's paper-pieced, but is super-simple as far as paper-piecing goes.

The others are all pieced the traditional way, and all the patterns can be found on Quilter's Cache. Here's a link to all the 12-1/2" (unfinished size) blocks: http://www.quilterscache.com/BlocksbySizeC.html :)

Just remember to use a SCANT 1/4" seam or the Quilter's Cache blocks will come out a smidge too small. I actually cut my pieces about 1mm larger than the instructions say, and it seems to work well for me. I have a hard time doing "SCANT". :lol: