View Single Post
Old 01-14-2011, 05:36 PM
JanTx

My mother-in-law quilted in her younger years. I never saw her working on one, but we have a few that I absolutely treasure - even more now that I know what's involved!

I have them folded/rolled over a ladder in our bedroom. The little wooden plaque hanging over has the "If life hands you scraps, make quilts!" saying on it.

One quilt has painted flowers. The paints have faded over the years. I saw another one posted on here recently so it must have been a fad way back when. I'm guessing this was made in the 30's. She was born in 1918.

The Sunbonnet Sue was the first quilt she made - she was 10 at the time. If she were still with us she'd be 92. In her 80's when she'd visit she'd stand in front of the Sues and point out each error she could see. But knowing what little I do of her childhood I figure that's how they were pointed out to her. How sad.

One is a wedding ring and the one she called a "Texas Star". Is that the pattern's name? She was from Oklahoma and I'm from Texas. It doesn't look like a TEXAS Star to me!

These have been in my bedroom almost 20 years and I treasured them for the family connection. Now I know enough to treasue them even more.

leaving pic - but STORE bought quilt
[ATTACH=CONFIG]160331[/ATTACH]

I love the guitar and cowboy hat! Flour sack?
[ATTACH=CONFIG]160336[/ATTACH]
Attached Thumbnails attachment-160291.jpe   attachment-160307.jpe   attachment-160308.jpe   attachment-160313.jpe   attachment-160314.jpe  

attachment-160326.jpe   attachment-160331.jpe